Ældre dating Skanderborg datingonline games
In the years of 1717-22, King Frederik IV began demolishing the old original medieval structures and replaced the former fortifications with terraced gardens.
The town of Skanderborg has attracted several religious communities over the years, especially in the early Middle Ages.
The monastery was founded by the Black Friar Order in the first half of the 12th century, along with a small harbour, but in 1168 there were only two monks left and the Cistercian Order took over.
The Cistercians came here after they had failed in founding a proper monastery at several nearby locations since 1165.
Øm Kloster Museum is located outside the town, at the old ruins of Øm Abbey on the northern brink of lake Mossø.
Skanderborg Museum is the responsible organisation for archaeology and archiving of the cultural history within the municipality.